- Moving safely, imaginatively and with confidence
- Moving with bodily control, co-ordination, flexibility and balance.
- The development of spatial awareness.
- Dancing with props; developing manipulative skills.
- Experiencing a range of gross motor movements and fine motor movements
- Keeping healthy – dance as part of a healthy lifestyle.
- Communicating ideas, thoughts and feelings non-verbally through movement
- Using the imagination to create ideas, characters and narratives.
- Making movement responses.
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Having an enjoyable, exciting and motivating time.
- Working individually, with a partner and as part of a group.
- Developing trust and co-operation.
- Selecting and using movement ideas independently and with others.
- Exploring feelings and views of self and others – including other cultures and beliefs.
- Accepting the moral code on which discipline and courtesy within the group is based.
- Interacting with a new social group.